Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Cat, Maximo



Well I’m here in Seattle and I need to get something off my chest. Maximo is the best cat ever and this entire post is going to be dedicated to him. Who cares if this is self-indulgent? It’s my damn blog and I will take the time to write about the best cat ever.

First of all, he is a handsome cat. He has a lovely, rich, shiny coat in a funny tuxedo pattern. He’s a big cat, but not fat or skinny. Just big ole handsome boy he is! Yes, I will occasionally slip into baby talk while discussing his merits.

As for attitude, his is perfect. Many have called him cranky and mean, but he’s not. You just have to approach him in the right way. This is to leave him alone until he randomly decides to show you some affection. Now, because he’s just so damn cute I have to rub his little head every five seconds and he’ll tolerate this. For a bit. But soon he’ll get cranky and take a swipe at me and I’ll leave him alone for about two hours. Then he comes crawling back and will sit next to me again. And I’ll rub his head.

He also lets me hold him. My favorite way is to hold him like a baby and rock him till he twists from my vice-like grip and hides under a bed or couch. He’s so patient; only attacking me when I really deserve it. He puts up with me smushing his head all the time and occasionally rubbing his belly.

And every night he sleeps at my feet and keeps them warm. I have to be careful not move my feet too much or he’ll start attacking them. Oh I love that little furball!
Don’t bother trying to argue that your cat is better. Because s/he isn’t. Maximo is the best cat ever!

4 comments:

  1. Don't bother trying to argue about it sure does sound like an invitation.
    While I won't lapse into baby talk voices, Horatio is the better cat and would be prepared to back that up in a kitty death match.
    Every time I look at the freshly inflicted claw marks on my hands, or clean dried vomit off the chair cushions, I am reminded of how great he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rioght. While you and Horatio sit around drinking PBR and watching movies no one's ever heard of, Maximo is eating other cats for brunch. He's been slowly taking out the other alley cats of Seattle and will happily cross the nation to add Horatio to his expansive list of kitty victims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your relationship with Maximo sounds a lot like mine with you. You only swiped at me when I deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think I threw more stuff at you.

    ReplyDelete