
I said to myself this morning “Hey Jill, why don’t you take your camera on your morning walk?”, but I didn’t and wouldn’t you know something cool happened.
I was strolling along the beach, minding my own business, when this sea lion came out of the water. He slid right up to me.
“Hey there! I heard you’re new in town and I just wanted to pop over and say welcome.”
“Well thank you Sea Lion! How kind! I heard Californians were nice but I had no idea that included the sea lions.”
“Oh, I almost forgot, here are some coupons for the fish market and a few free samples of Tide. It’s the official welcome basket. There were some peanuts, but they got a bit wet.”
“That’s so sweet of you. Thank you Sea Lion.”
“Thank you Jill. Your presence in San Diego makes it just a bit brighter!”
Then he turned and slid off into the water.
Ok.
About 50% of that was a lie. I did see a sea lion this morning. He did come out of the ocean to me. But I got scared and ran away. He looked like he might bite me. There was no chance for conversation, which is upsetting on several levels. Who knows what I might have learned.
San Diego is a magical place.
We're supposed to get some rain today. The news told me to check the wipers, brakes and tires before I even consider driving in the RAIN! Everyone here is terrifed of the RAIN. I laugh at their fear and close my eyes and remember the snow back at home. Which they all laugh at out here. The newscasters show images from the east and laugh. So I guess we're even.
No comments:
Post a Comment